Missouri ranked in the top 5 among states for its number of Drivers (44%) and as a result saw better business outcomes. Missouri SMB owners also had a higher comfort level (73%) with digital tools than the national average. Nearly half (49%) of Missouri SMBs are feeling optimistic about the future of their business and that has 53% of them thinking more about how to grow their businesses. COVID-19 had nearly half (48%) reassessing their approach to digital tools. Moving forward, Missouri SMBs are focused on retaining their customer base (46%), growing their customer base (39%) and optimizing their business operations (36%).
1) Business websites (74% vs. 69%)
2) SEO (71% vs. 64%)
3) Social media/video platforms (70% vs. 69%)
How will I...
Retain my customer base? (46% vs. 42%)
Grow my customer base? (39% vs. 40%)
Optimize my business ops? (36% vs. 39%)
1) Digital ads (12% vs. 9%)
2) CRM platforms (12% vs. 11%)
3) Customer insights tools (11% vs. 11%)
1) Step-by-step video tutorials (53% vs. 56%)
2) Webinars or livestreams (51% vs. 47%)
3) Case studies about businesses like mine (38% vs. 31%)
Protecting data privacy
Digital tools allowed this company to seamlessly implement social distancing protocols for company employees and keep them fully employed through the crisis. Its use of an innovative social media plan kept its customer base engaged.